Access to comprehensive, quality health care services is important for the achievement of health equity and for increasing the quality of a healthy life for everyone.
- Promote Healthy Lifestyles through outreach and education and increased affordable and equitable access to services and programs that support healthy living
- Provide Coordinated Support to Families to encourage long-lasting improvements in health and well-being
- Enhance School-Based Programs that support health and wellness among students, NBPS employees and school families
- Enhance access to services for improving Behavioral Health
- Ensure that all New Brunswick residents live in affordable Safe and Healthy Housing that facilitates healthy living
- Create and maintain healthy Built and Natural Environments to support healthy lifestyles
Our work is designed to increase the quality of a healthy life for everyone. Limited access to health care impacts people’s ability to achieve their full potential. And, although access to both physical and mental health services remains a primary focus of the Health Task Force, improving health outcomes also includes the social determinants of health— access to healthy foods, active living, and housing.