NBT Seeks Program Associate for Health Communications
Program Associate, Health Communications
New Brunswick Tomorrow (NBT) is seeking a full-time Program Associate for our health communications efforts. New Brunswick Tomorrow is a non-profit organization dedicated to enriching the lives of New Brunswick’s people by Moving People Forward. This position reports to New Brunswick Tomorrow’s Director of Community Health.
As a strategic partner and a lead agency of the Healthier New Brunswick Network, NBT has created and implemented Live Well - Vivir Bien New Brunswick™, which is a city-wide campaign to create a healthy and active community by connecting people to health-related information, programs and activities that help achieve better health and overall wellness. In looking at health holistically, Live Well-Vivir Bien New Brunswick aims to help city residents connect with information and resources that will improve eating habits, exercise, utilization of health and social services, and community safety. The campaign provides information on the health-related activities and services available, both for Live Well community partners and New Brunswick residents, including the Rutgers community.
Live Well - Vivir Bien New Brunswick aims to:
● Promote community health and wellness information, programs and activities;
● Increase public awareness of available health-related and supportive services; and
● Measure community health impacts citywide.
This Program Associate is responsible for the coordination of the Live Well website, communication efforts, and community engagement components on all health-related matters. This mainly consists of maintaining and updating content on the website and social media channels as well as coordinating community outreach efforts such as community forums and focus groups for both community partners and New Brunswick residents.
● Develop, coordinate, manage and update content, as well as update existing content for the Live Well - Vivir Bien New Brunswick website and social media outlets.
● Review and update content on the Live Well - Vivir Bien New Brunswick resource guide to ensure information is accurate and up-to-date, quarterly.
● Monitor community and partner calendars to identify health and wellness related events and activities to include on theLive Well - Vivir Bien New Brunswick website and social media outlets.
● Collaborate on website redevelopment project.
● Provide scheduled informational sessions with community partners and service provider establishments located in New Brunswick,
● Coordinate structured community outreach events. including tabling events and presentations, community forums and focus groups.
○ Engage the Rutgers community in outreach efforts
○ Partner with local community-based organizations and other entities to conduct outreach opportunities
● Recruit and train interns, community ambassadors and volunteers on the Live Well - Vivir Bien New Brunswick campaign to provide information on community health priorities.
● Update the Live Well - Vivir Bien campaign manual as needed
● Draft monthly overviews of the Live Well - Vivir Bien Campaign highlight outreach efforts, new directions, and program metrics
The program associate will work for 35 hours per week at the New Brunswick Tomorrow office located downtown on George Street. Typical office hours are from 9:00am-5:00pm but flexibility in schedule is needed for the community events. (Evenings and weekends are a must)
A resume and cover letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Health Communications Program Associate Position.” Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
● Experience with content creation tools such as Adobe Suite and Canva
● Experience with social media outlets and scheduling tools such as Hootsuite or Later
● Interest in working within community-based organizations and the field of community health/health promotions to address the social determinants of health
● Experience in a community-based or non-profit setting is a plus
● Flexible schedule to meet community needs
● Experience in conducting community outreach activities is preferred
● New Brunswick resident is preferred
● Bilingual (Spanish) is preferred