NBT seeks Associate Director of Economic Development
New Brunswick Tomorrow (NBT) seeks to add a team member to facilitate and manage economic development initiatives that increase opportunity and build place-based prosperity for small businesses and residents of New Brunswick.
Associate Director of EconomicDevelopment
NBT is seeking an Associate Director to serve as a change agent for community-rooted economic inclusion, particularly for NewBrunswick’s low-income neighborhoods and households. This position will aim to:
· Understand the strengths, barriers, and potential of New Brunswick’s local economy, particularly for its small business community and workforce.
· Grow our network of local small businesses and strengthen communications with and among them.
· Identify and cultivate supports and resources for entrepreneurs and small businesses.
· Manage implementation of commercial corridor improvements and marketing initiatives.
· Help set strategic direction for initiatives and partnerships that can drive economic inclusion and opportunity for more of New Brunswick’s businesses and workers.
This position will be dedicated, in part, to the management and implementation of activities brought forth by NBT’s participation in the State of New Jersey’s Neighborhood Revitalization TaxCredit Program (NRTC) and Neighborhood Preservation Program (NPP).
Under the direction of NBT, this position is accountable to and supports NBT’s Director of the Esperanza NeighborhoodProject. Responsibilities include:
· Serve as liaison to facilitate ongoing engagement of New Brunswick small businesses, especially in the EsperanzaNeighborhood
· Coordinate delivery of entrepreneur/small business supports and resources, such as business grants, coaching, and technical assistance
· Maintain and expand partnerships with other economic development agencies and business-serving organizations
· Manage the French Street district marketing initiatives, including promotional campaigns and in-person events
· Manage French Street district improvement and placemaking initiatives
· Develop and coordinate events of interest to entrepreneurs, small businesses, and their employees
· Develop and share content and communications of interest to entrepreneurs, small businesses, and their employees
· Maintain database of business contacts
· Contribute to research, analysis, and development of additional strategic initiatives for community economic opportunity and inclusion
· Contribute to the development of an effective NBT team and organization and support our mission, values and growth
· At least 5 - 8 years of relevant professional experience
· Familiarity with the local area, preferred
· Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build authentic relationships atthe community and institutional level
· Strong facilitation and presentation skills before multiple types of audiences
· Experience with complex project management and stakeholder management
· Strong writing skills, with experience in grant writing and fundraising a plus
· Bilingual English/Spanish, both written and verbal, strongly preferred
Salary and Benefits
Salary range starts at $42,000 to $58,000, commensurate with experience. NBT offers a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health, retirement benefits plan and tuition reimbursement.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and list of accomplishments relevant to this position description. All information must be submitted for an application to be considered complete.
Please email all materials to:
Ms. Jharline Iglesias: email@example.com.
Subject line: AssociateDirector of Economic Development
No phone calls please.