NBT Seeks Associate Director of Senior Services
NBT SEEKS ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF SENIOR SERVICES
New Brunswick Tomorrow (NBT) is looking for a talented new team member to facilitate and manage health and social initiatives that improve the quality oflife for Seniors in the City of New Brunswick.
The AssociateDirector will serve as a community change agent for aging and elderly adults.This position will set out to:
1. Understand the senior population in New Brunswick and the surrounding area; including demographics, health and social issues, and other relevant barriers that affect health outcomes.
2. Identify and build a strong rapport with community organizations that provide supportive services to meet the needs of aging communities.
3. Understand the current services and programs available to area seniors, while also documenting service gaps to inform future strategies.
4. Provide guidance and direction to partner organizations in aligning their work toward a common agenda (e.g., identifying opportunities for program work to support specific goals).
5. Formalize academic and community partnerships to reciprocate expertise and improve participation of older adults in research to address diseases and conditions disproportionately affecting health disparity populations.
This position will be dedicated to the management and implementation of activities brought forth through a joint partnership with Rutgers, the State University of NJ(Institute for Health, Health Care Policy and Aging), and Parker Health Group.
Under the direction of NBT, this position is accountable to and supports the Director of Community Health for New Brunswick Tomorrow. Responsibilities include:
· Conduct local community outreach and engagement activities for reaching senior populations; such as attending community events
· Develop an understanding of the health-related challenges and issues affecting the local aging community
· Develop and conduct focus groups within local aging minority communities
· Develop a survey tool to be utilized in community outreach to collect and summarize demographic, health and social data for older adults, particularly those that affect health outcomes
· Organize didactic sessions with local organizations on the issues of health and wellbeing that are of most relevance to the senior community
· Develop and coordinate events of interest to aging communities
· Work closely with the city, county, and state organizations to identify supportive services to meet the needs of the minority aging community
· Collect contact information for older adults interested in participating in health research
· Bachelor’s degree in health, policy, or related field
· Familiarity with the local area and / or focus of the initiative
· At least 5 years of relevant work experience
· Strong facilitation and presentation skills before multiple types of audiences
· Experience with complex project management and stakeholder management
· Strong writing skills, with strong experience in development, grant writing, and fundraising
· Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build authentic relationships with a diverse set of high-profile stakeholders
· Strong experience in program development and management
· Preferably bilingual in Spanish to communicate effectively in community settings
NBT offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, which includes health, retirement benefits plan and tuition reimbursement. Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, salary history for each position held (not required), and list of accomplishments relevant to this position description. All information must be submitted for an application to be considered complete.
Please email all required materials to:
Ms.Jharline Iglesias: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Associate Director of Senior Services
No phone calls please.